Wednesday, April 9, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4

I have anticipated Friday for a long, long time. On Friday I am going to be free of younglings. On Friday I am finally visiting my sister in law. On Friday we are going to a Fiest concert. I am so, so psyched. (!!!!!!!!!)

In celebration of the event I made myself and my sister in law new purses. This is the second and third purse I've ever made.


I really like the pattern (found on the sidebar); each purse only took an afternoon to make. I had to claim the first one as mine (pink). It had all the mistakes (top stitching isn't as easy as it looks, and, since it's the last step, I went way too quickly). Hers is prettier. Sigh. It seems like you have to do every project twice to learn from all the dumb mistakes you did on the first. Oh well. Feist, here I come!

And I am so excited to report that making your own laundry detergent truly works! My dad bought me eight bars of Fels Naptha, and now we have sweet, thick, CHEAP, detergent that seems to be doing a good job. New purse. Cheap laundry detergent. Life is good.

1 comment:

Sharon / Markus said...

How do you find such cool music? M and I always like the music links you put. Hope you had fun today! - SRJ

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online